The Employment Connection page of the MAPRA website is designed to benefit members who are both seeking employment and seeking candidates for physician recruitment positions. All approved positions will be posted for 30 days or until the job is filled.
If you have a position you would like to have posted on this page, please contact us today.
University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is seeking a fulltime, in office, Physician Recruitment Specialist to join its Physician Recruitment team in Linthicum Heights, MD.
The Physician Recruitment Specialist will assist the department with the logistics of the recruitment process to result in the successful placement of physician candidates in all member hospitals and practices. Responsibilities include:
- Interviews, screens, and refers qualified applicants for open positions of all levels.
- Assists management in the determination of starting salaries according to compensation guidelines. Act as liaison with senior leadership on salary offers that meet FMV salary requirements.
- Develops and maintains an effective working knowledge of local physician employment agreements, employment process, offer packages, compensation and benefits to respond to candidate questions.
- Facilitates visit for physician candidate and significant other. Travel, lodging, meals and welcome gifts. Develops itineraries and arranges transportation.
UMMS is built from a culture of teamwork and service excellence.
Please send your CV directly to:
Director of Physician Recruitment
Physician Sourcer – Medical Staff Recruitment
Are you tenacious in digging for information? Join a growing team in a thriving health system and leverage your talent. Take your career to the next level at Tower Health in West Reading, PA! Relocation assistance is available. Inquire about availability of remote or partially remote options; options may exist for the right candidate.
As Medical Staff Recruitment Sourcer, you will impact patient care by finding qualified physician candidates for assigned position vacancies. Using your sourcing prowess, you will locate and produce candidates using a variety of tools with particular emphasis on physician recruitment websites, email blasts, fellowship programs, and social media. Your day-to-day contributions will consist of the following:
- Developing a search strategy in conjunction with assigned recruiter and hiring leader.
- Building a pool of candidates by tenaciously pursuing and engaging with passive candidates, performing searches for and contacting passive candidates from a variety of sources, qualifying candidates, passing warm leads to the assigned recruiter, and developing a database of candidates for each position.
- Increasing position visibility by using targeted sites and methods to build interest in current or future openings, creating email blasts, posting positions, and generating buzz through promoting openings.
- Backing-up recruiters who are on vacation or a leave of absence.
- Researching and contributing new sourcing ideas or adjusting current strategies to market trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or other related major. FASPR certification a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a high sense of urgency environment.
- High energy level.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, resourceful and resilient with an ability to think outside the box on how to source & attract provider candidates.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of social media with experience utilizing social media for personal or professional purposes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively and collaboratively, embody a customer service & teamwork approach on a daily basis and troubleshoot problems/issues with a can-do attitude.
- At least one year of experience in a recruitment or sourcer role with passive, hard-to-find candidates.
- Proven knowledge of recruitment and sourcing strategies, including savvy use of technology.
- 5 or more years of experience developing and executing sourcing strategies, sourcing and producing passive, high level, difficult-to-find candidates.
- At least one year of experience in a physician recruitment role, specifically with experience in recruitment/sourcing of provider candidates preferred.
- At least one year of experience sourcing candidates via physician recruitment websites/outlets, resume databases, social media and more.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit Tower Health’s site at https://www.isg1.net/app/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1886657 or email Ashley Beyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physician Recruitment Vice President
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Bon Secours Mercy Health is seeking a Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment to provide system leadership around the strategy, development, and execution of its Provider Workforce Plan in alignment with the mission and values of Bon Secours Mercy Health (BSMH).
The Vice President and Provider of Physician Recruitment will lead the Ministry in developing a process that ensures the Provider Workforce Plan is fully vetted and approved within a timeline that allows for successful recruitment and on-boarding of new providers within each budget year.
To develop the annual Provider Workforce Plan (PWP), the Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment will work collaboratively with leaders from strategy, business development, group and market operations, finance, service lines and/or clinical programs, the medical group and recruitment.
The plan will consider primary care and specialty care gaps within the clinically integrated network, succession planning, and clinical programming strategies.
Upon annual development and approval of the PWP, the Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment will work closely with group and market recruiters across the Ministry to ensure optimal execution on the fulfillment of the Provider Workforce Plan.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
It is expected that the essential functions and responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Bon Secours Mercy Health, which are: Human Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, and Service.
- Able to facilitate and lead cross-functional teams across the Ministry to organize an annual Provider Workforce Planning process and timeline.
- Facilitates and oversees the Provider Workforce planning process across the Ministry each year.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to understand the strategic priorities within each market.
- Partners with market and group leaders to understand the specific clinical programming needs resulting from the identified strategic priorities within each market.
- Partners with market and group leaders to identify provider workforce needs associated with the growth and development of clinical programs.
- Partners with market and group leaders to prioritize identified provider workforce needs.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to complete modeling and forecasting of identified provider workforce needs.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to finalize the business case supporting the consolidate provider workforce plan.
- Presents the consolidated provider workforce plan to senior and executive leadership for review and approval.
- Partners with recruitment teams in each group and market to execute the approved provider workforce plan each year.
- Develops and implements Ministry-wide programs, plans, policies, and procedures for recruitment, screening, selection, and placement of physicians.
- Plans, directs, and partners with group and market teams to carry out such functions as developing sources of qualified applicants, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting site visits and interviews, checking references and background, and evaluating applicant qualifications. Ensures group and market recruitment teams are trained and equipped to:
- Develop and manage on-campus and off-site recruitment programs including job fairs, trade shows, and media presence.
- Implement and manage physician and provider candidate tracking systems.
- Maintain data on recruitment activities, applicant flow, interviews, and recruitment results.
- Prepare and analyze statistical reports and other data to monitor candidate flow, selection, and turnover.
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed on the progress of the physician recruitment function through monthly meetings and reports
- Work with clinical, operational, and executive leaders to bring high quality physicians and providers to BSMH markets.
- Develops and maintains contacts with national training programs, placement firms, current medical staff, current medical groups, hospital and practice administrators, vendors and other sources of applicants.
- Oversees online recruiting strategies for attracting and recruiting candidates.
- Develops and oversees physician relocation programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Significant years of progressive responsibility and experience in the various aspects of multispecialty physician recruitment for large groups within complex healthcare systems.
- A high level of strategic and analytical ability necessary.
Please submit applications to: