The Employment Connection page of the MAPRA website is designed to benefit members who are both seeking employment and seeking candidates for physician recruitment positions. All approved positions will be posted for 30 days or until the job is filled.
If you have a position you would like to have posted on this page, please contact us today.
Physician Recruiter – Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
POSITION SUMMARY: To secure the necessary complement of Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (APP) required to support the needs of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with the medical director/managing physician/practice manager to assure alignment for opening and candidate pool.
- Source candidates utilizing a variety of medical venues to include: internet, social media, career fairs, list services, graduate schools or agencies.
- Screen and submit qualified applicants to medical director/managing physician/practice manager for review.
- Arrange and orchestrate interview and site visits for selected candidates. Assure that each candidate will receive individual attention and an excellent first impression of LG Health and our community.
- Secure references, gather feedback from managers and develop compensation offer with assistance of HR Compensation and approval of hiring manager.
- Negotiation of offer, including total compensation package, Letter of Intent and Employment Agreement and tracking receipt of all documents.
- Manage On-boarding process through co-ordination with the Medical Staff Office and Payor Credentialing.
- Attends recruitment events as assigned by Director.
- Attends retention events as assigned by Director.
- Prepares and maintains records to document recruitment activity.
- Participates in internal and external committees as assigned.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with Compensation and Benefits Departments to ensure competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Works with Payer Credentialing, Medical/Dental Staff, and Risk Management to ensure efficient and effective inter-departmental communications aimed at expediting the hiring process.
- Demonstrate Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s commitment to Service Excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Business or health care related area;
- Three to five years of experience in physician recruitment.
Interested individuals can reach out directly to Ashleigh Cole at Ashleigh.Cole@pennmedicine.upenn.edu.
Manager of Medical Staff Recruitment: Tower Health
The Synergy Organization is proud to have been retained by Tower Health to conduct the nation- wide search for its Manager of Medical Staff Recruitment. The established Tower Health System includes seven hospitals, 14,000+ team members, more than 2,200 physicians, specialists and advanced practitioners in more than 230 locations, bringing together nationally recognized leaders in a collaboration for excellence and leading innovation in healthcare delivery. Tower Health is rising boldly to take healthcare to new heights. With a rich heritage of advancing health and transforming lives, the system’s name, Tower Health, reflects the combined strength, innovation and capabilities across an ever-expanding system of care.
Reading Hospital, now the 711 bed flagship hospital for Tower Health in Berks County, PA is situated on a 22 building complex on a picturesque 36 acre campus. This state-of-the-art academic medical center is home to some of the finest specialty care centers in the region, including the McGlinn Family Regional Cancer Center, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department and a Level II Trauma Center. The Reading Hospital campus also includes Beginnings Maternity Center, the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Reading HealthPlex, a recently constructed culmination of state-of-the-art technology and world-class design, and one of the most sophisticated surgical centers and inpatient facilities in the area. The five newer hospitals acquired by Tower Health include: Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville – 234 beds; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville – 151 beds; Pottstown Memorial Medical Center in Pottstown – 232 beds; Jennersville Regional Hospital in West Grove – 63 beds; and, Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia – 135 beds. Also, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University, is located in Philadelphia. With more than 144 years of history and advancement, the acquiring of 22 Urgent Care Centers and the joint venture with United Surgical Partners International (USPI) to improve access for patients to high quality surgical procedures, Tower Health has solidified its reputation as a regional and national leader in healthcare.
Tower Health Medical Group:
Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) is a physician-directed, multi-specialty group of healthcare professionals who participate in managing population health and promoting wellness, delivering health care that is readily accessible, compassionate, and of the highest quality and value, and engaging in clinical research and the education of healthcare professionals and the communities it serves. Effective January 1, 2020, 110 clinicians and staff from Drexel Medicine have joined THMG, expanding the health system’s network of primary care and specialty practices in size, capability, and reach. These additions will expand access to Tower Health services in Family Medicine, General Surgery, Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Psychiatry, Gastroenterology, Neurology, and Rheumatology at locations in Philadelphia, Phoenixville, and Reading. In addition, eight Drexel University College of Medicine Internal Medicine physicians will provide primary care services in a THMG office in Philadelphia. THMG is home to 696 providers, including 364 employed physicians, at over 60 locations. Six THMG Primary Care practices, representing 34 providers, have received the National Committee of Quality Assurance’s Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition at Level III. THMG has also achieved the top tier, 4.5 STAR rating for the 2016 UnitedHealth Medicare Advantage Primary Care Physician Incentive program.
Partnerships and Affiliations:
Tower Health provides graduate medical education for residents, provides fellowships and maintains teaching affiliations with Jefferson Medical Center of Thomas Jefferson University; Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine; Temple University School of Medicine; Drexel College of Medicine; Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine; and, University of Pennsylvania. Tower Health also has a growing relationship with Drexel University to advance its academic strategy. The two organizations are collaborating to build an additional site location for Drexel’s College of Medicine in Wyomissing, less than one mile from Tower Health’s flagship, Reading Hospital. When fully operational, Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health will have the capacity to train and educate up to 300 medical students annually. It is anticipated to be complete for the 2021-22 academic year.
Manager of Medical Staff Recruitment Job Summary and Requirements:
As a key member of the Medical Staff Recruitment team and HR Leadership team, the Manager of Medical Staff Recruitment will report directly to the System Director of Medical Staff Recruitment and will enjoy serving in a critical role assuring that Physician and Advanced Practitioner needs for the growing health system are met in a timely and proactive fashion with top talent that supports the growth, mission and vision of Tower Health.
This new leader will lead, plan, direct, coordinate, and evaluate the medical staff recruitment function in support of the system’s mission, vision and values, and facilitate open communication to promote performance and quality improvement initiatives.
This opportunity is ideal for an exceptional talent acquisition leader who has a strong commitment to creating and maintaining an environment focused on mentoring, developing and leading a high-performing team, influencing and managing change as well as developing and implementing innovative Talent Acquisition strategies.
To qualify for this challenging leadership opportunity within Tower Health, candidates must have proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, a passion for developing and implementing innovative talent acquisition strategies to include evaluating and tracking the outcome of implemented strategies, a Bachelors degree (with a Masters degree preferred); strong healthcare recruitment experience in a large multi-hospital health system with experience leading a Medical Staff Recruitment function strongly preferred; demonstrated experience evaluating and implementing process improvement to ensure efficiency and speed in order to compete in a highly competitive candidate market; strong experience managing and developing staff to include managing performance against established protocols, objectives and expectations; demonstrated experience serving as a trusted advisor to hiring managers and senior leadership; and, demonstrated knowledge of the candidate market and trends.
This exciting full-time career opportunity offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, tremendous opportunities for career growth and professional development, and all the resources that are needed to succeed! For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Medical Staff Recruitment” in the subject line or contact Diane Stemler directly at Diane@SynergyOrg.com
Sr. PHYSICIAN RECRUITER – Tower Health
The Sr. Physician Recruiter is responsible for the successful recruitment of physicians and Advanced Practice Practitioners for Tower Health and its entities. The position partners with leadership to assure recruit top talent for our communities. Ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with effective communication skills. Essential job functions include:
- Responsible for recruitment strategies, including thorough knowledge of position details and location specific information. Assist in the development of recruitment plans for each position assigned.
- Recruitment of top talent by sourcing candidates using internet and database sources, journals, mailings, and attendance at regional and national conferences.
- Understand and assist with recruitment budget needs and impacts on recruitment.
- Initiate interview process with candidate and MSR staff to ensure high quality experience for both candidate and stake holders.
- Provide a positive experience during on-site interview, which will include knowledge of Tower Health, community, schools, etc.
- Work with Administration during offer process to ensure process moves efficiently.
- Establish and maintain and strong relationships with candidates and hospital administration.
Bachelor’s degree required, with membership in AAPPR highly desired.
Previous experience in provider recruitment preferred and/or physician relations within a healthcare environment.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
Independent self-starter with ability to function in a team environment.
Proficiency in computer software systems (including ATS systems) and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Ability to travel to travel to recruitment events.
Physician Recruitment Vice President
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Bon Secours Mercy Health is seeking a Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment to provide system leadership around the strategy, development, and execution of its Provider Workforce Plan in alignment with the mission and values of Bon Secours Mercy Health (BSMH).
The Vice President and Provider of Physician Recruitment will lead the Ministry in developing a process that ensures the Provider Workforce Plan is fully vetted and approved within a timeline that allows for successful recruitment and on-boarding of new providers within each budget year.
To develop the annual Provider Workforce Plan (PWP), the Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment will work collaboratively with leaders from strategy, business development, group and market operations, finance, service lines and/or clinical programs, the medical group and recruitment.
The plan will consider primary care and specialty care gaps within the clinically integrated network, succession planning, and clinical programming strategies.
Upon annual development and approval of the PWP, the Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment will work closely with group and market recruiters across the Ministry to ensure optimal execution on the fulfillment of the Provider Workforce Plan.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
It is expected that the essential functions and responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Bon Secours Mercy Health, which are: Human Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, and Service.
- Able to facilitate and lead cross-functional teams across the Ministry to organize an annual Provider Workforce Planning process and timeline.
- Facilitates and oversees the Provider Workforce planning process across the Ministry each year.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to understand the strategic priorities within each market.
- Partners with market and group leaders to understand the specific clinical programming needs resulting from the identified strategic priorities within each market.
- Partners with market and group leaders to identify provider workforce needs associated with the growth and development of clinical programs.
- Partners with market and group leaders to prioritize identified provider workforce needs.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to complete modeling and forecasting of identified provider workforce needs.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to finalize the business case supporting the consolidate provider workforce plan.
- Presents the consolidated provider workforce plan to senior and executive leadership for review and approval.
- Partners with recruitment teams in each group and market to execute the approved provider workforce plan each year.
- Develops and implements Ministry-wide programs, plans, policies, and procedures for recruitment, screening, selection, and placement of physicians.
- Plans, directs, and partners with group and market teams to carry out such functions as developing sources of qualified applicants, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting site visits and interviews, checking references and background, and evaluating applicant qualifications. Ensures group and market recruitment teams are trained and equipped to:
- Develop and manage on-campus and off-site recruitment programs including job fairs, trade shows, and media presence.
- Implement and manage physician and provider candidate tracking systems.
- Maintain data on recruitment activities, applicant flow, interviews, and recruitment results.
- Prepare and analyze statistical reports and other data to monitor candidate flow, selection, and turnover.
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed on the progress of the physician recruitment function through monthly meetings and reports
- Work with clinical, operational, and executive leaders to bring high quality physicians and providers to BSMH markets.
- Develops and maintains contacts with national training programs, placement firms, current medical staff, current medical groups, hospital and practice administrators, vendors and other sources of applicants.
- Oversees online recruiting strategies for attracting and recruiting candidates.
- Develops and oversees physician relocation programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Significant years of progressive responsibility and experience in the various aspects of multispecialty physician recruitment for large groups within complex healthcare systems.
- A high level of strategic and analytical ability necessary.
Please submit applications to: