The Employment Connection page of the MAPRA website is designed to benefit members who are both seeking employment and seeking candidates for physician recruitment positions. All approved positions will be posted for 30 days or until the job is filled.
If you have a position you would like to have posted on this page, please contact us today.
Physician Recruiter – Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
POSITION SUMMARY: To secure the necessary complement of Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (APP) required to support the needs of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with the medical director/managing physician/practice manager to assure alignment for opening and candidate pool.
- Source candidates utilizing a variety of medical venues to include: internet, social media, career fairs, list services, graduate schools or agencies.
- Screen and submit qualified applicants to medical director/managing physician/practice manager for review.
- Arrange and orchestrate interview and site visits for selected candidates. Assure that each candidate will receive individual attention and an excellent first impression of LG Health and our community.
- Secure references, gather feedback from managers and develop compensation offer with assistance of HR Compensation and approval of hiring manager.
- Negotiation of offer, including total compensation package, Letter of Intent and Employment Agreement and tracking receipt of all documents.
- Manage On-boarding process through co-ordination with the Medical Staff Office and Payor Credentialing.
- Attends recruitment events as assigned by Director.
- Attends retention events as assigned by Director.
- Prepares and maintains records to document recruitment activity.
- Participates in internal and external committees as assigned.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with Compensation and Benefits Departments to ensure competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Works with Payer Credentialing, Medical/Dental Staff, and Risk Management to ensure efficient and effective inter-departmental communications aimed at expediting the hiring process.
- Demonstrate Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s commitment to Service Excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Business or health care related area;
- Three to five years of experience in healthcare recruitment
Interested individuals can reach out directly to Ashleigh Cole at Ashleigh.Cole@pennmedicine.upenn.edu.
Full-time Physician Recruiter – Annapolis, Maryland
The physician recruiter will be responsible for recruiting clinical and administrative physicians and mid-levels to for Anne Arundel Health System.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
- Develops criteria and implement processes for selection, recruitment and staffing of physicians and mid-levels for service lines system wide.
- Develops a standardized tracking and reporting mechanism to be shared with senior leadership on a routine basis.
- Partners with Executive Directors and Senior Leadership to forecast Health System needs.
- Partners with Executive Directors and Senior Leadership to plan recruitment strategies to meet recruitment and operational goals.
- Develops innovative recruitment programs such as school partnerships targeted advertising, employment open houses, career fairs, direct mail campaigns and search committees.
- Coordinates advertising for online postings, social media sites and specialty publications.
- Conducts pre-screen telephone interviews for candidates.
- Utilizes application tracking system to document and monitor candidate pipeline and interview process for each position.
- Partners with Human Resources as necessary to assess compensation practices to maintain a competitive edge, update career website, coordinate practitioner on-boarding as necessary.
- Coordinates and schedules candidates for on-site interviews to include travel arrangements and hotel accommodations.
- Five years performing physician and mid-level provider recruitment.
- Detailed knowledge of recruitment and contracting approaches and options. Knowledge of physician recruitment software and centralized databases ideal.
- Knowledge of the organizational complexities of a major medical school, teaching hospitals and community hospitals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in fundamental concepts, principles, practices, and procedures of employment law and generally accepted employment practices. Knowledge of EEO, ADA, and Immigration requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills are required to work effectively with various levels of employees and management staff. Exercises diplomacy, discretion, sound judgment, and flexibility in varying situation, and must maintain confidentiality.
- Strong business skills, such as marketing, finance, and human resources, are also necessary.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to work successfully with a diverse group of staff at all levels within the organization, including executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Must be highly organized and have a working knowledge of hospital operations.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and drive results with short time frames.
- Ability to formulate innovative work plans in a team-oriented environment.
- Adaptability in a challenging and dynamic environment. Understands and works well in a multi-faceted matrix environment.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Can also contact Kim Collins!
Sr. PHYSICIAN RECRUITER – Tower Health
The Sr. Physician Recruiter is responsible for the successful recruitment of physicians and Advanced Practice Practitioners for Tower Health and its entities. The position partners with leadership to assure recruit top talent for our communities. Ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with effective communication skills. Essential job functions include:
- Responsible for recruitment strategies, including thorough knowledge of position details and location specific information. Assist in the development of recruitment plans for each position assigned.
- Recruitment of top talent by sourcing candidates using internet and database sources, journals, mailings, and attendance at regional and national conferences.
- Understand and assist with recruitment budget needs and impacts on recruitment.
- Initiate interview process with candidate and MSR staff to ensure high quality experience for both candidate and stake holders.
- Provide a positive experience during on-site interview, which will include knowledge of Tower Health, community, schools, etc.
- Work with Administration during offer process to ensure process moves efficiently.
- Establish and maintain and strong relationships with candidates and hospital administration.
Bachelor’s degree required, with membership in AAPPR highly desired.
Previous experience in provider recruitment preferred and/or physician relations within a healthcare environment.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
Independent self-starter with ability to function in a team environment.
Proficiency in computer software systems (including ATS systems) and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Ability to travel to travel to recruitment events.
Physician Recruitment Vice President
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Bon Secours Mercy Health is seeking a Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment to provide system leadership around the strategy, development, and execution of its Provider Workforce Plan in alignment with the mission and values of Bon Secours Mercy Health (BSMH).
The Vice President and Provider of Physician Recruitment will lead the Ministry in developing a process that ensures the Provider Workforce Plan is fully vetted and approved within a timeline that allows for successful recruitment and on-boarding of new providers within each budget year.
To develop the annual Provider Workforce Plan (PWP), the Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment will work collaboratively with leaders from strategy, business development, group and market operations, finance, service lines and/or clinical programs, the medical group and recruitment.
The plan will consider primary care and specialty care gaps within the clinically integrated network, succession planning, and clinical programming strategies.
Upon annual development and approval of the PWP, the Vice President of Physician and Provider Recruitment will work closely with group and market recruiters across the Ministry to ensure optimal execution on the fulfillment of the Provider Workforce Plan.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
It is expected that the essential functions and responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Bon Secours Mercy Health, which are: Human Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, and Service.
- Able to facilitate and lead cross-functional teams across the Ministry to organize an annual Provider Workforce Planning process and timeline.
- Facilitates and oversees the Provider Workforce planning process across the Ministry each year.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to understand the strategic priorities within each market.
- Partners with market and group leaders to understand the specific clinical programming needs resulting from the identified strategic priorities within each market.
- Partners with market and group leaders to identify provider workforce needs associated with the growth and development of clinical programs.
- Partners with market and group leaders to prioritize identified provider workforce needs.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to complete modeling and forecasting of identified provider workforce needs.
- Partners with market, group and home office leaders to finalize the business case supporting the consolidate provider workforce plan.
- Presents the consolidated provider workforce plan to senior and executive leadership for review and approval.
- Partners with recruitment teams in each group and market to execute the approved provider workforce plan each year.
- Develops and implements Ministry-wide programs, plans, policies, and procedures for recruitment, screening, selection, and placement of physicians.
- Plans, directs, and partners with group and market teams to carry out such functions as developing sources of qualified applicants, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting site visits and interviews, checking references and background, and evaluating applicant qualifications. Ensures group and market recruitment teams are trained and equipped to:
- Develop and manage on-campus and off-site recruitment programs including job fairs, trade shows, and media presence.
- Implement and manage physician and provider candidate tracking systems.
- Maintain data on recruitment activities, applicant flow, interviews, and recruitment results.
- Prepare and analyze statistical reports and other data to monitor candidate flow, selection, and turnover.
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed on the progress of the physician recruitment function through monthly meetings and reports
- Work with clinical, operational, and executive leaders to bring high quality physicians and providers to BSMH markets.
- Develops and maintains contacts with national training programs, placement firms, current medical staff, current medical groups, hospital and practice administrators, vendors and other sources of applicants.
- Oversees online recruiting strategies for attracting and recruiting candidates.
- Develops and oversees physician relocation programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Significant years of progressive responsibility and experience in the various aspects of multispecialty physician recruitment for large groups within complex healthcare systems.
- A high level of strategic and analytical ability necessary.
Please submit applications to: