The Employment Connection page of the MAPRA website is designed to benefit members who are both seeking employment and seeking candidates for physician recruitment positions. All approved positions will be posted for 30 days or until the job is filled.
If you have a position you would like to have posted on this page, please contact us today.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is seeking an experienced Physician Recruiter.
The Physician Recruiter is responsible for working with departments to identify and hire providers. This includes working with departments to understand the details of the open position, organize interviews, and collaborate with appropriate personnel to draft offers/contracts. The Physician Recruiter will also be responsible for ensuring the best candidate experience through the interview, offer, and onboarding processes.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with the managing physician/practice manager to ensure alignment for opening and candidate pool.
- Source candidates utilizing a variety of medical venues to include: internet, social media, career fairs, list services, residency/fellowship programs or agencies.
- Screen and submit qualified applicants for review.
- Organize interview for selected candidates to ensure that each candidate will receive an excellent first impression of LG Health and the community.
- Negotiation of offer, including total compensation package, Letter of Intent and Employment Agreement and tracking receipt of all documents.
- On-boarding each candidate, including initiation of relocation (when applicable), medical staff credentialing packet, risk management, and payer credentialing.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with Compensation and Benefits Departments to ensure competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Works with Payer Credentialing, Medical/Dental Staff, and Risk Management to ensure efficient and effective inter-departmental communications aimed at expediting the provider hire.
- Provides updates to appropriate parties the status of recruitment activities.
- Organize and proactively track candidates for future openings.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of experience in healthcare recruitment is required,
- Must possess excellent interview, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and project workload.
- Prior Provider or Executive recruitment experience preferred
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Please apply directly to the position by clicking on the following link: Penn Medicine LGH Physician Recruiter.
University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is seeking a fulltime, in office, Physician Recruitment Specialist to join its Physician Recruitment team in Linthicum Heights, MD.
The Physician Recruitment Specialist will assist the department with the logistics of the recruitment process to result in the successful placement of physician candidates in all member hospitals and practices. Responsibilities include:
- Interviews, screens, and refers qualified applicants for open positions of all levels.
- Assists management in the determination of starting salaries according to compensation guidelines. Act as liaison with senior leadership on salary offers that meet FMV salary requirements.
- Develops and maintains an effective working knowledge of local physician employment agreements, employment process, offer packages, compensation and benefits to respond to candidate questions.
- Facilitates visit for physician candidate and significant other. Travel, lodging, meals and welcome gifts. Develops itineraries and arranges transportation.
UMMS is built from a culture of teamwork and service excellence.
Please send your CV directly to:
Director of Physician Recruitment
Physician Sourcer – Medical Staff Recruitment
Are you tenacious in digging for information? Join a growing team in a thriving health system and leverage your talent. Take your career to the next level at Tower Health in West Reading, PA! Relocation assistance is available. Inquire about availability of remote or partially remote options; options may exist for the right candidate.
As Medical Staff Recruitment Sourcer, you will impact patient care by finding qualified physician candidates for assigned position vacancies. Using your sourcing prowess, you will locate and produce candidates using a variety of tools with particular emphasis on physician recruitment websites, email blasts, fellowship programs, and social media. Your day-to-day contributions will consist of the following:
- Developing a search strategy in conjunction with assigned recruiter and hiring leader.
- Building a pool of candidates by tenaciously pursuing and engaging with passive candidates, performing searches for and contacting passive candidates from a variety of sources, qualifying candidates, passing warm leads to the assigned recruiter, and developing a database of candidates for each position.
- Increasing position visibility by using targeted sites and methods to build interest in current or future openings, creating email blasts, posting positions, and generating buzz through promoting openings.
- Backing-up recruiters who are on vacation or a leave of absence.
- Researching and contributing new sourcing ideas or adjusting current strategies to market trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or other related major. FASPR certification a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a high sense of urgency environment.
- High energy level.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, resourceful and resilient with an ability to think outside the box on how to source & attract provider candidates.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of social media with experience utilizing social media for personal or professional purposes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively and collaboratively, embody a customer service & teamwork approach on a daily basis and troubleshoot problems/issues with a can-do attitude.
- At least one year of experience in a recruitment or sourcer role with passive, hard-to-find candidates.
- Proven knowledge of recruitment and sourcing strategies, including savvy use of technology.
- 5 or more years of experience developing and executing sourcing strategies, sourcing and producing passive, high level, difficult-to-find candidates.
- At least one year of experience in a physician recruitment role, specifically with experience in recruitment/sourcing of provider candidates preferred.
- At least one year of experience sourcing candidates via physician recruitment websites/outlets, resume databases, social media and more.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit Tower Health’s site at https://www.isg1.net/app/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1886657 or email Ashley Beyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedStar Medical Group is looking for a Physician Recruiter!
Join a forward-thinking group, a culture of collaboration, ranked amongst the best places to work in the area and belong to one of the Nation’s 10 largest Medical Groups, backed by a major health system.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for full cycle recruitment of Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians; build relationships with internal/external providers, forging a local and national network to recruit the best and brightest providers for MedStar Medical Group. Responsibilities will also include maintaining professional relationships with Physicians and APC’s to promote a steady pipeline of candidates; develop and implement sourcing plans to meet the needs of the organization; review resumes, screen candidates to determine interest, potential fit and qualifications; coordinate on-site interviews, negotiate offers and manage contracting process.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills, expertise with MS Office Suite and ATS System, exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
To apply send your resume to Elissa Davidson at Elissa.D.Davidson@medstar.net.
Sentara Medical Group
Physician Recruiter Specialist
Sentara Medical Group is seeking an experienced Physician Recruiter to join our established team. The Physician Recruiter Specialist will be responsible for filling APC and physician vacancies as identified by senior management. This will be accomplished by using a well-structured recruiting strategy and possessing a skill set that will allow the recruiter to accomplish the following:
• Coordinate and organize all physician search activities for the system.
• Be available to assist private physician groups with the recruitment process
• Coordinate and facilitate the sharing of physician resumes when Sentara is contacted by a physician interested in relocating to our region.
• Provide necessary follow-up that is essential to achieve success in recruitment efforts – candidate by candidate.
• Coordinate and secure information about the applicant – such as, board certification, licensing information, data bank, etc.
• Coordinate the reference checks and activities between recruiting, physician liaisons, human resources, credentialing, marketing and others as identified.
• Meet recruitment and retention goals as identified by Sentara Healthcare and the department.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3 years Healthcare Provider and/or Executive recruitment experience required.
Sentara recognizes our employees by offering competitive pay plans, comprehensive health care plans, generous paid annual leave, a fully funded retirement plan, 403b plan, long and short term disability, tuition reimbursement, flex spending, life insurance, and wellness programs. You can expect employee recognition, performance and referral rewards plus countless services and programs to enhance work/life balance.
Many of our benefits are fully funded or shared, therefore enhancing your total compensation.
While you are not working for Sentara you can enjoy the many offerings of the area. The Hampton Roads, Virginia area surpasses most. Whatever you are looking for in a lifestyle we have. You will find beautiful beaches in our coastal area, endless recreational, cultural and historical activities. You will have the luxury of excellent public and private education systems and the peace of mind of living in safe cities with an affordable cost of living.
To apply, contact:
Holli McConnell, Manager Physician Recruitment
The Physician Recruiter will be responsible for executing all phases of physician recruitment from candidate sourcing, marketing, candidate paperwork, candidate interviews, and all related recruitment efforts. Physician Recruiter will coordinate all scheduling, interviewing, travel arrangements and distribution of candidate information to the executive team. Complete on-site interviews, tours, off-site sponsored practice interviews and new start-up activities. The recruiter will also be responsible for creating effective recruitment plans, sourcing staff and presenting information to the Medical Staff and the executive team.
Minimum Education and Experience:
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare related field|
|Experience:||5 years’ direct physician recruitment experience.||Direct Physician Recruitment experience in Healthcare Organizations and hospitals. Direct daily contact with MD, and PHD.s|
|Computer/Software Knowledge:||Basic skills in Microsoft Word & Excel; internet research.||Strong internet skills for sourcing physicians|
|Licensure/Certification||Eligible for certification in specialty||MGMA member, ASPR member
ASPR 101 certification and ASPR 201 certification (Association of Staff Physician Recruiters).
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with physicians and business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to function independently (minimal direct supervision) yet also work effectively on a team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and a diverse workload, while achieving results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and generate creative solutions to recruitment challenges, while working effectively with physicians, administrative staff and business partners.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer-service focus; ability to effectively influence internal and external customers.
- This is an FTE (40 hours per week), but requires the ability to work some extended hours as needed.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
Due to increased patient demand and expansion of services Bayhealth Medical Center is looking to add an experienced physician recruiter. Bayhealth’ service area in Kent and Sussex counties is among the fastest areas in the US. In addition, we expect additional when we open our new hospital in January 2019.
The new physician recruiter will assume responsibility for all facets of recruitment: sourcing, screening, distribution of candidate information to relevant parties, scheduling interviews, on-site interviews and candidate follow up. We offer a hands experience for our candidates when they interview. We do have a department coordinator to assist with travel, itineraries, visa-related paperwork, etc.
To apply, please contact:
Mark R Douyard, MBA
Physician Recruiters – Tower Health Medical Group
Do you want to leverage your physician recruiting experience? Due to growth, Tower Health Medical Group has two recruiter openings. This is your chance to elevate your career in a cutting-edge, growing healthcare organization. Tower Health is dedicated to advancing health and transforming lives. Join the transformation.
The Physician Recruiter recruits physicians across specialties for Tower Health Medical Group. Your contributions will include:
• Participating in and overseeing the full life cycle of recruitment for physicians.
• Sourcing, engaging, interviewing, and educating candidates about opportunities.
• Developing and strengthening internal stakeholder relationships by identifying and delivering highly qualified candidates for assigned searches.
• Building external relationships with targeted organizations.
• Maintaining a talent pipeline.
• Contributing your ideas to strategies and tactics in a growing health system.
• Mentoring other team members.
• Representing Tower Health Medical Group at recruitment events.
• Demonstrating your persuasiveness when extending offers and employment agreements.
• Education: Bachelor degree required. Master’s preferred.
• Minimum of three years of experience with physician recruitment preferred. Experience working in an academic medical center preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to represent the organization in a professional, positive manner.
• Ability to persuade and influence both constituents and the general public.
• Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision and to work well with physicians and staff.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office suite of applications.
• Solid performer with a positive attitude.
Tower Health brings together six hospitals and more than 11,000 dedicated team members, 2,000 nationally recognized physicians, specialists and providers across 65 convenient locations. Learn more about Tower Health Medical Group via this link:
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit Tower Health’s site at https://www.isg1.net/app/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2035192
or email Ashley Beyer at email@example.com.