The Recruiter Employment page of the MAPRA website is designed to benefit members who are both seeking employment and seeking candidates for physician recruitment positions. All approved positions will be posted for 30 days or until the job is filled.
If you have a position you would like to have posted on this page, please contact us today.
Manager – Physician Recruitment, Tower Health – Reading, PA
Tower Health System includes seven hospitals, 14,000+ team members, more than 2,200 physicians, specialists and advanced practitioners in more than 230 locations, bringing together nationally recognized leaders in a collaboration for excellence and leading innovation in healthcare delivery. Tower Health is rising boldly to take healthcare to new heights. With a rich heritage of advancing health and transforming lives, the system’s name, Tower Health, reflects the combined strength, innovation and capabilities across an ever-expanding system of care.
Reading Hospital, now the 711 bed flagship hospital for Tower Health in Berks County, PA is situated in a 22 building complex on a picturesque 36 acre campus. This state-of-the-art academic medical center is home to the McGlinn Family Regional Cancer Center, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department and a Level II Trauma Center. The Reading Hospital campus also the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Reading HealthPlex, a recently constructed culmination of state-of-the-art technology and world-class design, and one of the most sophisticated surgical centers and inpatient facilities in the area. The five newer hospitals acquired by Tower Health include: Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville – 234 beds; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville – 151 beds; Pottstown Memorial Medical Center in Pottstown – 232 beds; Jennersville Regional Hospital in West Grove – 63 beds; and, Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia – 135 beds. Also, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University, is located in Philadelphia.
Tower Health Medical Group:
Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) is home to 696 providers, including 364 employed physicians, at over 60 locations. (THMG) is a physician-directed, multi-specialty group of healthcare professionals who participate in managing population health and promoting wellness, delivering health care that is readily accessible, compassionate, and of the highest quality and value, and engaging in clinical research and the education of healthcare professionals and the communities it serves. On January 1, 2020, 110 clinicians and staff from Drexel Medicine joined THMG, expanding the health system’s network of primary care and specialty practices in size, capability, and reach.
Partnerships and Affiliations:
Tower Health provides graduate medical education for residents, provides fellowships and maintains teaching affiliations with Jefferson Medical Center of Thomas Jefferson University; Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine; Temple University School of Medicine; Drexel College of Medicine; Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine; and, University of Pennsylvania. Tower Health also has a growing relationship with Drexel University to advance its academic strategy. When fully operational, Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health will have the capacity to train and educate up to 300 medical students annually. It is anticipated to be complete for the 2021-22 academic year.
Manager of Medical Staff Recruitment Job Summary and Requirements:
As a key member of the Medical Staff Recruitment team and HR Leadership team, the Manager of Medical Staff Recruitment will report directly to the System Director of Medical Staff Recruitment and will enjoy serving in a critical role assuring that Physician and Advanced Practitioner needs for the growing health system are met in a timely and proactive fashion with top talent that supports the growth, mission and vision of Tower Health.
To qualify for this challenging leadership opportunity within Tower Health, candidates must have proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, a passion for developing and implementing innovative talent acquisition strategies to include evaluating and tracking the outcome of implemented strategies, a Bachelors degree (with a Masters degree preferred); strong healthcare recruitment experience in a large multi-hospital health system with experience leading a Medical Staff Recruitment function strongly preferred; demonstrated experience evaluating and implementing process improvement to ensure efficiency and speed in order to compete in a highly competitive candidate market; strong experience managing and developing staff to include managing performance against established protocols, objectives and expectations; demonstrated experience serving as a trusted adviser to hiring managers and senior leadership; and, demonstrated knowledge of the candidate market and trends.
Apply directly on our website: www.towerhealth.org and click on “Careers,”
Physician Recruiter, Physician Affiliate Group of NY – Harlem, NY
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
We are currently searching for a dynamic Physician Recruiter to join our Human Resources team in our Corporate Office located in Harlem, NY. The Physician Recruiter will coordinate the sourcing, screening, assessment, recruitment, selection and onboarding process for a specific specialty group. This is done in accordance with established hiring guidelines, procedures, policies and regulatory and legal standards. The position will serve as a consultant to the hiring site to identify the most effective and efficient recruitment strategies to attract top talent to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, business, or other health-related fields.
- Minimum 2-3+ years previous experience in physician/provider recruitment a MUST
- Proven skills in the evaluation of candidates. Excellent judgement skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
- High attention to detail. Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to prioritize a variety of time sensitive tasks. Consistently display the highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- 2 days working remote program
Please email your CV to Lea Power Carpenter, Director, Talent Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply or find out more information please contact email@example.com.
PROVIDER RECRUITMENT & INTEGRATION MANAGER – BALTIMORE, MD
Under the direction of the Director of Provider Recruitment and Onboarding, the Provider Recruitment and Integration Manager will be responsible for onboarding newly hired providers (to include; Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers) to the healthcare system including; Sinai Hospital, Northwest Hospital, Grace Medical Center, and Community Practices. This process will start from the time an offer is accepted through the first ninety days of employment. This position will also support the growth of LifeBridge Health by assisting the in-house Provider Recruiting team with the logistics of the recruitment process to result in the successful placement of providers this will include; sourcing, pre-screening and qualifying candidates for open searches as well as coordinating all recruitment activities and programs.
- Sources physician and advanced clinical provider candidates through provider recruitment job boards, residency programs, lifejobs.org, specialty associations, and other social media outlets.
- Performs initial screening of providers to assess applicability of education/skills/experience against position criteria, providing Physician Recruiting team with findings to facilitate selection process.
- Schedules interviews with qualified candidates. Arranges for travel accommodations, prepares itinerary for candidate and others involved in the interview process. Provides candidate with pertinent interview materials prior to interview day. Manages expenses and accurately submits for reimbursement.
- Prepares, updates and maintains Smart sheet provider tracking tool with candidate status, notes, CV, and other pertinent information.
- Creates, prepares and runs reports for Executive Leadership on open search status while taking the initiative to identify areas for improvement and recommendations for best practices.
- Works with Human Resources to build a virtual physician only orientation program for all physician new hires. Ensuring all areas of orientation are covered prior to the physicians first day of employment. Continuing to make process improvements when needed.
- Provides individualized support and resources to the new providers related to LifeBridge Health, including; medical licensing, credentialing, HR pre-employment, Visa requirements, relocation and family/community integration. Communicates regularly with new providers to coach and support them in completing required tasks to ensure they are on target to satisfy all pre-employment requirements by their start date.
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of new providers to partner with multiple stakeholders including hospital and payor credentialing, legal, human resources, IT, finance, business unit leadership, and the Maryland state licensing board to ensure a positive provider experience and that pre-employment timelines are achieved. Acts as the Single Point of Contact for New Hires into the LBH Healthcare system. Conducts periodic check ins with the new hire to ensure a positive experience.
- Oversees the SmartSheet provider tracking tool that collects time sensitive data from multiple sources related to key due dates to enable clinicians to satisfy all pre-employment and credentialing requirements by their start date.
- Manages and oversees the internal onboarding committee by keeping members engaged and informed of process improvements, areas of concern, and ideas for best practices. Communicate regularly with members of the onboarding committee to ensure that the onboarding process is progressing as planned and all stakeholders are informed about new hires.
Residency/Fellowship Program, Career Fair, and Speaking Engagement Events
- Builds relationships with each Residency/Fellowship program Director within the region.
- Stays current on LBH internal residency programs. Meet with Chiefs and departments to identify which residents we may want to pursue for employment.
- Collaborates with residents to find best practices for hiring residents/fellows.
- Coordinates and conducts visits to local residency/fellowship programs. Organizes speaking engagements for our current staff to engage students.
Marketing and Communication
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, develops and implements a communication campaign to welcome new providers and provides relevant information on a monthly basis regarding LifeBridge Health and the region.
- Maintains internal Microsoft office Teams account to ensure onboarding and recruitment resources are updated including forms, websites, and other material.
- Assists with social events, group trainings, onboarding committee meetings, resident events and other initiatives such as; the electronic announcements of new physicians.
- Maintains job-board advertisements, social media, and LBH Provider Recruitment Webpage to ensure all content is relevant, eye-catching, and up-to-date.
- Creates and maintains the information packet potential new hires receive during the recruitment process this will include an annual report, Why Work for LifeBridge brochure, information on Baltimore and the local area. Works with local hotel to ensure information is stocked for incoming interviewees. Orders “Welcome” gift for new hires to be mailed to their home upon contract signing and for when they start with LBH.
Relocation and Community Relations
- Serves as a community expert to provide advice and assistance to new providers and their families related to all aspects of relocating to the area. This includes understanding and assessing the provider’s needs and matching them with the appropriate resources (realtors, schools, day care, elder care, religious organizations etc.).
- Negotiates with local real estate agents for preferred rates for new hires.
When applicable, provides support to new provider’s spouse or significant other who needs assistance in finding employment in our region. Develops and maintains a comprehensive network of multi-industry related employment resources.
- Analyzes results from new provider onboarding experience survey to trend feedback and makes recommendations for process improvements. Collect data and review results for key metrics for new provider onboarding. Makes and implements recommendations for improvement.
- Collects feedback from providers regarding their orientation and identifies actionable trends and communicates them to the appropriate leaders.
- Collaborates with job-board representatives to analyze job advertisements and candidate view vs. apply rate. Adjust ads if needed to gain more traction.
- Gathers recruitment data on all recruitment sites and analyze ROI. Present findings to Director of Physician Recruitment and Onboarding.
- Displays a commitment to the value of teamwork by building strong relationships with providers, Department Directors, Executive Leadership, co-workers, and the surrounding community.
- Establishes work objectives, personally track and report on performance.
- Attends meetings, in-service trainings, professional development as required.
- Displays an understanding and awareness of, and perform all duties in accordance with, the organizations mission and vision statements
Level of Supervision
- Required: Work is reviewed periodically
- Contacts, within or outside of the Company, such as a Company representative in a specialized area of knowledge or technical field. Requires considerable tact and discretion, and some persuasion to obtain approvals, consent, and action.
Type of Supervisory Responsibilities
- Education Discipline: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Health Care Administration, Human Relations, Communications/Marketing or other relevant field.
- Experience in recruitment, onboarding, marketing, human resources with the medical community highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years or more in business office environment
- Strong Microsoft office program skills
Technical/Clinical Skills (Usage)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Frequently)
- SmartSheet (Frequently)
- Basic computer skills (Frequently)
- Provider job boards such as Practice Link, Health eCareers, and CareerMD (Frequently)
- Standard office equipment (Frequently)
- ECHO software (Occasionally)
- Medical terminology (Frequently)
- Critical thinking skills (Frequently)
- Confidentiality (Frequently)
Certifications, Licenses, Registration
- CPRP a plus
Communication Skills and Abilities
- Previous healthcare background is preferred with specific knowledge of the medical/physician community.
- Previous onboarding experience/exposure preferred.
- Superior marketing and public relations skills with the ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization. Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff.
- Exhibits a high level of energy and demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the medical staff.
- Proven track record of exceptional customer service skills.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Physical demands: medium- exerts up to 50 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently to move objects
- Work environment: normal environment- normal light, air, and space in environment
- Other- must have driver’s license in good standing
- May require off-site travel
- Position requires excellent problem solving, communications, and organizing skills as well as the ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
- Possesses the ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and follow through to accomplish results.
- Demonstrates patience, flexibility and stays calm under pressure.
- Manages costs effectively; audits and submits expenses for approval and payment.
Devyn Kern, FASPR
Director of Physician Recruiting and Onboarding